- Efficient parallel workflow for teams
- Develop each feature in a branch
- Keeps changes isolated
- Consider a 1-to-1 link to issues
- Push branches to the server frequently
- Hint: This is a cheap backup for your work-in-progress code
Feature branching sample workflow
- Create a new feature branch called 'squash_some_bugs'
- Edit '
bugs.rb' and remove all the bugs.
git checkout -b squash_some_bugs
# Edit `bugs.rb`
git add bugs.rb
git commit -m 'Fix some buggy code'
git push origin squash_some_bugs